CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Squirt bottles............genius!

My son loves squirt bottles. Every time I see one out I put it away because I know there is going to be a tantrum, or rather, loud crying when I take it away. Well this morning I forgot to put it away, and to prolong any outbreaks and to allow me time to get ready for the day I let him have fun squirting water all over my bathroom. After all it's just water, not grape juice or kool-aid, right? What could water do?

Bumbles proceeded to squirt everything in his sight.....


Nothing was spared and everything was fair game......


Hey, that's mommy's shirt. We don't squirt people buddy!

After Bumbles completely saturated our Ensign magazine, rippled the wood and paint on the toilet seat and slipped on one of the many puddles he created, he showed interest in squirting inside the shower. I thought that would be the perfect place to saturate and better yet he wanted me to close the shower door. Great idea buddy! I also made a mental note to give him one of these when he wants to go outside and rather than play in the dirt he can water the flowers or the lawn or even give the swarming ants in our garden a bath!

As I was finishing up my hair and enjoying this new found toddler 'toy', Bumbles was still delightfully squirting the shower when a girlfriend called and wanted to do lunch. She asked me a question which took me into the kitchen and I checked the calendar to find a free day to have lunch. It was great to catch up and we just chatted away, until I heard Bumble sounds in the shower. I forgot he was even in there! I ran into the bathroom and he was still having the time of his life, only he had found the mold covered squeegy and was trying to spread the water puddles over the floor with it. Greatful he wasn't chewing on it or wiping it on his shirt I promptly coaxed the squeegy out of his possession and gave him a good hand washing.

Over all, I think the morning turned out well, I was able to get ready for the day without having to wash his hands and/or feet more than once because he wasn't playing in the toilet, or with the toilet brush or plunger. Yeah for new found uses of the squirt bottle!





1 comment:

  1. Yay indeed! ;-) I bet he just had the time of his life. Those pictures tell so much of the fun he had, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete