CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 25, 2009

Is that you?



Do you ever have those days when you think people are looking at you funny?

I know when I was working (outside the home and before I was re-married:), I would go into work without my make-up, and it seemed like everyone would ask me, "Are you feeling ok?", I would say, "Yes I feel fine." and then I would remember I forgot to put my face paint on that morning. The whole day, I felt like people would treat me differently. Then I would think, "I am the same person, why would I be treated much differently, is it because I don't have make-up on?" or "Am I acting differently because I don't feel good enough about myself without make-up on?"

Then I would think back to times when people, would say, "You don't need make up why do you wear it?". So on my mission, (way back when) I went through this phase where I didn't wear make-up. That 'phase' quickly ended when I saw pictures of myself without make-up. I felt I looked like I wasn't taking good care of myself! So from then on I decided that I would wear make-up, because I felt better about myself, regardless of what other's opinions were.

I think a lot of people I know look just great without make-up. But I have decided for myself I will wear make-up most days, it really does help me to feel good about myself. (Even though I absolutely dread taking off the make-up at the end of the day).

Interestingly enough, my son seems to have a very strong opinions about the way he sees me. I wasn't sure how to take it when I would come home after working out and bumbles would look at me and turn his head and go for daddy or sis. It wasn't until I took a shower and got ready for the day, that he would even let me look at him without turning his head or let me hold him.

Then on the mornings I would take Taryn to school I wouldn't have the chance to take a shower before he woke up and he would take one look at me and lay back down in his crib. It just made me laugh that he couldn't see that it was me or that he didn't think I was familiar enough to be friendly.
This is the look I would get.......

And this is the way he would act........

Normally when I go into his room, after I have taken my shower and gotten ready for the day (hair and make-up done) he is smiling and happy to see me

Even when I would take a shower, if my hair was wet and my make-up wasn't done he would act like I was an alien coming to take him away. Anything I asked him he would kind of whimper and say, 'no' or shake his head. The little stinker.

Here is a video from my camera I took of bumbles' reaction to me when my hair is wet and no make-up:


So the other day I had this idea about a blog entry.........


I would take a picture before I did my hair and make-up and one after and compare the pictures next to each other.

When I did, I was amazed at how different they looked. I think Mr. Sweetie was too, but like the wonderful husband he is, he didn't say much. I am assuming for fear of saying the wrong thing. What a good guy! So here it goes.....................



Before processing (as my husband calls it)




After Processing




I am the same person on the inside................I just look different on the outside

This.......

+

This.......



Can =

This......



But it doesn't really matter what a person looks like on the outside, it is what is on the inside that gives a person their beauty. I really have a hard time with people making quick judgements about others when all they see is a snipit of time when maybe they are having a bad day or just feeling uncomfortable. I know if I am not comfortable around someone I seem to say things differently than I would if I were supercomfortable around them. I think it is because I am super worried I will say something stupid or that doesn't make sense and when that happens I usually do. So most of the time I am quiet. Socially, I do so much better one on one with people. In a group of people I would just rather listen and stay quiet.

When I hear something negative or bad about a person, it makes me want to get to know the person even more so I can have the chance to understand them and see them through their heart rather than their skin or their rough day.

So when we see someone that looks different, good looking, bad looking or even just someone who offends us by something they may have said. We should give them the benefit of the doubt and take the time to get to know them, we just might see them in a different light, and possibly make a new friend.

4 comments:

  1. What a great post, sis! LOL I'm too lazy to bother with make-up and so my kids react differently to me when I do have it on. Don't even get me started with hair primping. I gave away my flat iron to L cause she used it more than I ever did. LOL

    I think you look great in both pictures; I think Mr. Bumbles already has a discerning eye towards the ladies. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, I love this blog! I love who you are on the inside and I think you are beautiful on the outside too! It was pretty funny the video of carter. It makes me think of how different I look with out mascera. If I could only choose one makeup it would be mascara because at least I don't look a sleep when I wear it. AND... PS you are not "Old Farts" we love hanging out with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for all your sweet comments! Blogging is so much fun!

    And Cheryl, those men coming in and out of our house are helping us to re-tile and re-model our master bathroom. I will be posting before, during and after pictures in the near future, after we have painted it. It has been an adventure to say the least! It will be great to be back in our own bathroom! Poor Taryn, she has been a good sport to share her bathroom space. (she also didn't have a real choice in the matter, but at least it wasn't a hostile take over ;)

    And as far as hiring out.....I would help you out for free! Just name what it is you need my lovely neighbor!

    ReplyDelete