CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy (pre) Mother's Day

It's amazing how life goes by so fast. Sometimes I wish it could slow down for a moment, so I could let the best moments just sink in. I think that is why we have cameras. Most of my memories of childhood are from the photos taken of my brother and I. And sadly enough, most of the pictures my parents took, I don't even remember happening. The rest are just mental photos of my version of things happening.

Have you ever had a sibling recount a memory and they recall it slightly or even quite differently than you remember it? Pictures can at least capture some of the memory that no one can dispute.

Some of my favorite pictures are of children doing funny things. A few of my favorites of Missy Moo are of her being stuck half way up a bookcase she tried to climb, pulling out the cuetips and dumping them on the floor and 'reading' the scriptures to her dolls when she was about 4 years old. I even have one of her and her closest (to her age) boy cousin wearing tu tu's when they were about 2, dancing around my cousin's basement.

This weekend at the farm had one of those moments I would like to share in pictures. And since my husband couldn't wait to give me my Mother's Day gift early, a small, sleek, fit in my purse, do everything for you, cool camera, I was able to capture my kids in the front room of the farm house in Grandma G's cozy chair eating Easy Cheese, (And to my mother-in-law.......not to worry, there was no cheese left on the chair to report :) after I had come in from outside talking to Mr. Sweety, this is what I saw........









Then Bumbles came after me to look at the 'Vavy' in the pictures I just took and I snapped this beauty as he got closer to me.



I absolutely LOVE this camera! Thanks so much sweetie!
So here's to the fun and and happy memories we share with our families and more importantly our Mother's, and remember to keep your camera handy!
Happy early Mother's Day to all you such deserving moms, grandmothers, sisters, daughters, aunties and loving friends.



6 comments:

  1. It looks like they were enjoying each other (and the cheese!) Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must one delish cheese! We have the kids home due to the swine flu thing, so part of my mother's day gift is cleaning and organizing with their help! Yay for me! Great pictures! That is one awesome camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't be a good Auntie Beth if Id idn't stop by to wish one of my favorite cute moms a very Happy Mother's day!

    There pictures are precious. I am glad you met your sweetie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chandy is your SIL? Too funny and it is a small world! Is her husband your brother or your sweetie's? I thought I knew most of your sweetie's family:)

    Any who it is late and we catch a plane in 6 hours. My FIL is going on hispice as of tonight... It has been a long few weeks with our parents.
    You know that commandment...Love thy neighbor? Well I do!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, no your bro hasn't had any real location yet. They cancelled the bids twice now. We're headed to Phoenix for my graduation. His is on the 21st in Dallas. He'll have a couple of weeks I think after he graduates to figure out where he's going, but I'm not quite sure...

    Cross your fingers, we want either Phoenix or Houston.

    Love to the fam and Happy, happy Mother's Day to you also! Love ya much! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pics of the cheese! You truly have such cute kids. Thanks for being such a good friend!

    ReplyDelete