Since my son is lucky enough to have a dad who is a farmer, he has discovered his passion: Tractors! Whenever he sees a tractor, he says "Whoa", "Whoa" and his eyes get big and he does this flappy thing with his hands.
The other night during story time my husband brought out a tractor catalog he somehow gained posession of during a pitstop on our last trip to the farm. Bumbles went crazy! He would say, "MOM!, MOM!", point to a picture of a tractor and say, "WHOA!" He did that throughout the whole catalog, and when we were done we closed the catalog and bumbles opened it back up and started again. He cried when we told him it was sleepy time. We knew he liked tractors, but this clinched it, and he has now gained the status of LOVING tractors!
Soooo, to make a long story short the theme for this year's birthday IS (insert drum roll please) :
JOHN DEERE tractors !!!!!
The Birthday Boy is trying to tell us something......
Time to eat!!!!
Time for presents.....
Both grandmas got the same present......a sand and water wheel. Now we have one for the sand box and one for the bathtub!

A sit'n spin! (mommy always wanted one of these)

Bumbles wants to know if it is time to go outside yet.........

Now can we go outside? I'll help dad mow the lawn!?........
No, not yet, it's time for cake! (Since Bumbles was very grumpy when we told him he could go outside after we had his cake, sis convinced him it would be fun) Then when he saw the cake he said Mmmmm!
Happy 2nd birthday Bumbles!

Now it's time to go outside!

Hey, this sounds just like a real lawn mower!

Dad's showing me the ropes!

We had a super fun day! We are glad both sets of grandparents could join us. Wish we could have had more family and friends come, but we are working up to the big birthday parties.
I still can't get over how cute his theme turned out! You are so clever to have found all that! I-Dude keeps changing his mind so I have a running tab of what he likes so I can narrow it down. LOL
ReplyDeleteJ really loved being able to talk to all of you. Ha, ha, she said I suggested the marble cake. Not quite, she wanted me to "mix but not all the way" a vanilla and chocolate cake. I just told her what the official term was. LOL
So I am really behind on my blog reading. But I have to say I LOVE the John Deer Tracker birthday. Do you think Charlee would like it for her first birthday. Ha Ha. It looks like you had a hit of a party and cute little Bumbles provided the entertainment.
ReplyDelete