This week has just flown by. Mr. Sweetie and I let the land counter offer deadline pass without any further negotiation. We found out that no one will give loans on land anymore, and those who did offer lot loans offer them at a pretty high percentage rate, like 8.5% or 8.6%, or we would have to take out a home equity loan to pay for it!? Borrow money against the house we would need to eventually sell so we could build a house? That doesn't make sense? Plus we were starting to feel uncomfortable with the debt we would have. Our church leaders are really counseling us to pay off our debt and with the economy so unstable we didn't want to put ourselves in a position to loose what we have. And there were also so many unknowns, like how much our house would sell for, how much the wear and tear repairs would cost on this house (and there are some significant ones) The lot was really nice, and in a really nice neighborhood, but we are willing to wait for the right price for our budget and the right neighborhood. I just hope (and pray) they come to gether at the right time!
And for an update on the lot we made an offer on, it went under contract the next day and is not even listed for sale any more. But I am still hopeful for another lot to come down in price in that neighborhood! :) At any rate, we are looking at other options, like a nice foreclosed home, for a price you couldn't build it for. A day or so ago, we found out from our realtor that our home won't sell for what we were hoping it would. So we are looking at possibly, sitting on our nice modest home and use our money to finish the basement and enjoy it for a couple more years. I know what ever happens is what should be.
After looking back on the feeling we had to make an offer on the lot, I think it really helped us put into perspective what is important to us, how much we are willing to go into debt for, it has opened many more options we are willing to look at, and realisticly look at what it will take to get our house to the point to sell it.
Our life is so busy right now, I feel something may be telling us to slow down anyway.
This week is going to be a busy one with Visiting Teaching appointment on Monday, play group on Tuesday and makeup class on Wednesday, because we were sick, and Wedndesday night we have Ward Temple night, Mr. Sweetie's nephew Jason is getting married in Manti on Thursday, my dad and mom are coming over on Friday to help watch Mr. Bumbles and help me finally paint the bathroom, and later that day, I have Activity Day at my house with the 8 -11 year old girls in my ward. And I have made a resolution to de-crap my house in between everything, just in case we decide to sell the house, and because it is just a good thing to do, so I don't go nuts worrying about it. For me there is nothing like a clutter/crap-free house to live in. But I'll let you know how THAT goes. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello! We missed celebrating Ian's birthday with you guys! Love to all!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, thank you so much for Ian's Legos, he just loves them! And the Diary of a Wimp kid set is just a hit in our household. Great gifts, thank you so much! :-)
ReplyDelete